Please click here to view more info regarding RLCC Artist-In-Residence opportunities.
Curator & Gallery Coordinator
Candidates should have knowledge of contemporary ceramics, an active studio practice, and previous gallery/curating experience. In addition, we expect candidates to have the necessary interpersonal/communication skills and organizational capability to manage our Resident workforce, as well as maintain excellent relationships with our clients and artists in addition to the other duties required of the Curator & Gallery Coordinator.
MFA, prior sales/marketing experience, proficiency in Adobe Suite and online sales platforms (Shopify) as well as WordPress and Microsoft Office. Also, prior experience and proficiency with digital photography and photo editing is desired. In addition, we are interested in candidates that are able to develop and implement a short and long-term set of goals and strategies for the continued success of our Retail and Gallery spaces.
The Curator and Gallery Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Work with Executive Director to establish annual Exhibition Calendars
- Curate and install monthly gallery exhibitions
- Maintain Retail Inventory and RLCC Gallery website
- Managing Resident Staff
- Facilitate public relations and advertising, including the RLCC monthly newsletter
- Monitor and update inventory and sales through the point of sale software
- Maintain excellent relations and communication with Represented Artists
- Oversee logistics of packing & shipping Inventory
Send cover letter, CV, names and contact information for three references, artist statement, and 20 images of current artwork, as well as writing/curatorial samples (3 Exhibition proposals and accompanying press release) to David Hiltner via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: January 31st, 2018 Applications will be reviewed on upon receipt.
Starting annual salary commensurate with experience. Other benefits include: private 24/7 studio space, Discounted materials/Firings, paid leave for professional development, as well as being part of a strong community of makers and artists.
If you have questions, please call (406) 446-3993, or, email: email@example.com
Learn more about the Clay Center at: www.redlodgeclaycenter.com
Call For Entries
Currently there are no call for entries. Please check back again.
If you are interested in having your work reviewed for representation at the RLCC Gallery, please send the following materials in an email to; firstname.lastname@example.org
– 10 images of current work* (72 dpi, no less than 5×7 in.)*please include captions for images describing your materials, process, and pricing.
– Artist Statement
The Red Lodge Clay Center accepts proposals from artists interested in solo and group exhibitions, as well as curatorial projects. Applications are received and reviewed on a rolling basis. If selected, projects and exhibitions are generally scheduled for the following calendar year, or, at the discretion on the RLCC Gallery Coordinator.
To apply, please provide the following materials and email to; email@example.com
– Exhibition Prospectus (include all proposed participants and dates for exhibition)
– 10 sample Images of work. (72 dpi, no less than 5×7 in.) *please include captions for images describing your materials and process.