Red Lodge Clay Center is pleased to announce a search for a full time Curator and Gallery Coordinator. The Curator and Gallery Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director, Education and Communications Coordinator, and the Program and Facilities Coordinator to fulfill the mission statement set forth by the Red Lodge Clay Center. The ideal candidate would have an extensive knowledge of contemporary ceramics, the ceramic medium, and previous gallery/curating experience. Sales experience, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary. Strong office administration, business skills, and computer database knowledge are essential.
The Curator and Gallery Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Curate and install gallery exhibitions
- Maintain gallery website
- Produce the Center’s monthly newsletter
- Facilitate public relations and advertising
- Monitor inventory and sales through the point of sale software
- Maintain relations and communication with Represented Artists
Additional responsibilities include managing Long-Term Resident Artists working in the gallery performing such duties as receiving and processing inventory, gallery sales, packing and shipping inventory, and assisting in exhibition transitions. The ideal candidate will be well organized, energetic and highly motivated with strong interpersonal, communication, and management skills. Previous experience in the arts preferred, and the ability to adapt to the needs of a growing ceramic arts center in rural Montana is a must. Must have excellent proficiency using: Word Press, Mac based platforms, Microsoft office, Adobe Creative Suite, digital photographic media, Shopify and/or other point-of-sales systems and e-mail.
Starting annual salary commensurate with experience.
Send cover letter, CV, names and contact information for three references, artist statement, and 20 images of current artwork to David Hiltner via email at email@example.com. Application deadline: July 31, 2017
If you are interested in having your work reviewed for representation at the RLCC Gallery, please send the following materials in an email to; firstname.lastname@example.org
– 10 images of current work* (72 dpi, no less than 5×7 in.)*please include captions for images describing your materials, process, and pricing.
– Artist Statement
The Red Lodge Clay Center accepts proposals from artists interested in solo and group exhibitions, as well as curatorial projects. Applications are received and reviewed on a rolling basis. If selected, projects and exhibitions are generally scheduled for the following calendar year, or, at the discretion on the RLCC Gallery Coordinator.
To apply, please provide the following materials and email to; email@example.com
– Exhibition Prospectus (include all proposed participants and dates for exhibition)
– 5-10 sample Images of work. (72 dpi, no less than 5×7 in.) *please include captions for images describing your materials and process.
Call For Entries
Currently there are no call for entries. Please check back again.