Gallery Closing Reception: Friday, September 27, 2019 from 5-7 pm MT
Exhibition Posted Online: Monday, September 9, 2019 by 10 am MT
Red Lodge Clay Center’s biennial Juried National V extends our mission by showcasing current relevant and diverse practices in the field of ceramics. This exhibition provides a spotlight on the breadth of work currently being made that utilizes clay as a featured material. It is our hope that the Juried National will bridge emergent and established makers, and will include some of the best utilitarian, sculptural, traditional and/or experimental work being created today.
Juror: Mike Helke
Mike Helke grew up in Minnesota’s St. Croix Valley, where he still resides and maintains a studio. In addition, Helke is an assistant professor of art/ceramics at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls. He received his MFA from the New York State College of Ceramics at Alfred University, NY.
Application info – Apply here!
- ELIGIBILITY Open to all US ceramic artists, 18 years and older.
- All ceramic artwork submissions (pottery, sculpture, and/or small installation work) must be under 18 inches in any direction and less than 50 pounds.
- Artwork must be created with at least 50% clay.
- Work must have been created within the last two years.
- Work must be for sale
- Juror’s Choice Award: $1000
- Director’s Choice Award: $500
- Gallery Curator’s Choice Award: $300
- Submission Deadline: May 1, 2019 (submission portal opens February 1, 2019 via SlideRoom)
- Notification date: no later than June 15, 2019
- Work Arrives to Red Lodge: Friday, Aug. 2, 2019
- Exhibition Dates: September 6-29, 2019
- Exhibition online September 9, 2019, by 10 AM Mountain Time
- Gallery Closing Reception: Friday, September 27, 2019, 5-7 PM (in conjunction with our fall workshop with Mike Helke and Suze Lindsay)