Currently, there are no employment openings at RLCC
Call For Entries
Juried National VII
September 1-30, 2023
Red Lodge Clay Center’s biennial Juried National VII extends our mission by showcasing current relevant and diverse practices in the field of ceramics. This exhibition provides a spotlight on the breadth of work currently being made that utilizes clay as a featured material. It is our hope that the Juried National will bridge emergent and established makers, and will include some of the best utilitarian, sculptural, traditional and/or experimental work being created today.
- Submission Dates: February 1-May 1, 2023, Apply online at SlideRoom
- Submission Deadline: end of the day May 1, 2023
- Notification date: no later than June 15, 2023
- Work Arrives to Red Lodge: any time between July 17-Aug 8, 2023
- Exhibition Dates: September 1-30, 2023
- Gallery Closing Reception: Friday, September 29, 2023, 5-7 PM
- Exhibition ONLINE September 4, 2023, 10 AM Mountain Time
- ELIGIBILITY Open to all ceramic artists, 18 years and older, currently living and working in the USA (return of unsold work to USA addresses only)
- All Artwork submissions must be under 18 inches in any direction and less than 50 pounds. Artwork must be created with at least 50% clay. Work must have been created within the last two years. Work must be for sale
- Red Lodge reserves the right to refuse any work deemed excessively fragile or unresolved regarding installation stability, dangerously sharp, cracked, or otherwise not in saleable gallery quality. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- NOTE: ONLY THREE WORKS PER ENTRANT MAY BE SUBMITTED (ONE IMAGE WITH ONE DETAIL ALLOWED PER PIECE). Please include dimensions of work and sale price.
announced at the closing reception, Friday, September 29, 2023, 5-7pm
- Juror’s Choice Award: $1000
- Director’s Choice Award: $500
- Gallery Curator’s Choice Award: $300
2023 Juror: Steven Young Lee
Steven Young Lee has been the resident artist director of the Archie Bray Foundation for the Ceramic Arts in Helena, Montana since 2006. In 2004-05, he lectured and taught at numerous universities throughout China as part of a one-year cultural and educational exchange in Jingdezhen, Shanghai and Beijing. In 2005-6 he was a visiting professor at Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design in Vancouver, B.C.
Steve has lectured extensively in North America and Asia. In March 2013 he participated on a panel, “Americans in the Porcelain City,” at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. In 2013, he was one of several international artists invited to participate in “New Blue and White,” an exhibition at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston that featured contemporary artists working in the blue-and-white tradition of ceramic production. In the Fall of 2016 his work will be featured as part of the Renwick Invitational at the Smithsonian Museum in Washington, D.C.
He is represented by the Duane Reed Gallery, Ferrin Contemporary and The Archie Bray Foundation Gallery. His work has been collected by the Smithsonian Museum, the Daum Museum of Contemporary Art, the Four Seasons Hotel in Seoul, Korea, as well as many private collections. Steve received his BFA and MFA in Ceramics from Alfred University. Originally from Chicago, he lives in Helena with his wife, Lisa and their son and daughter.
Apply online at SlideRoom
applications accepted February 1-May 1, 2022
Questions or concerns? Please email Jill Oberman, Curator & Exhibitions Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in having your work reviewed for representation at the RLCC Gallery, please send the following materials in an email to; email@example.com
- 10 images of current work* (72 dpi, no less than 5×7 in.). Please include captions for images describing your materials, dimensions, process, and pricing.
- brief bio, including your current exhibition and other sales galleries
- Artist Statement
- Contact Info (email, phone)
The Red Lodge Clay Center accepts proposals from artists interested in solo and group exhibitions, as well as curatorial projects. Applications are received and reviewed on a rolling basis. If selected, projects and exhibitions are generally scheduled for the following calendar year, or, at the discretion on the RLCC Gallery Coordinator.
To apply, please provide the following materials and email to; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exhibition Prospectus (include all proposed participants and dates for exhibition)
- 10 sample images of work. (72 dpi, no less than 5×7 in.). Please include captions for images describing artwork materials, dimensions, process, and pricing.
- Contact Info (email, phone)