Employment Opportunities: Programs Coordinator
The Programs Coordinator will work with the Executive Director, RLCC Staff, and Residents to fulfill the mission statement set forth by the Red Lodge Clay Center. The primary responsibilities of the Programs Coordinator will focus on three specific areas: Residency Programs, Education Programs, and Communications. The following descriptions and duties will apply to each area;
• Participate in the Residency selection and application process.
• Coordinate the annual residency calendar, agreements, and housing for accepted Residents.
• Correspond with incoming residents, collecting paperwork, fees and materials.
• Develop procedures and policies for Resident Programs.
• Develop and manage community classroom and outreach Programs. *Emphasis will be placed on maintaining and growing our high-quality programming and expanding regional access to current and future Educational programming.
• Schedule the annual Class Calendar, as well as Resident employees for Children’s and Adult community classes as well as Educational Outreach to local schools and organizations.
• Will work in close communication with the Facilities Coordinator to maintain classroom/outreach supplies and materials.
• Create advertisements for relevant publications including print and digital media.
• Market through social media to promote RLCC, the gallery, and its programs.
• Maintain and update RLCC website and Resident profiles.
In addition, there are general duties pertaining to the daily operations of the retail and exhibition gallery space that all employees may be asked to contribute, these include: inventory management, website maintenance, photographing artwork, shipping and receiving, customer service, preparing exhibitions, and staffing the retail gallery.
This is a full-time, salaried position. The ideal candidate will be well organized, energetic and highly motivated with strong interpersonal, communication, and management skills and the ability to adapt to the needs of a growing ceramic arts center in rural Montana. We ask that candidates have a minimum MFA or equivalent education.
Candidates with these skills and credentials will receive additional consideration.
Proficiency in Word Press, Mac based platforms, Microsoft office, Adobe Creative Suite, and digital photographic media. Previous experience in Arts Administration preferred. We also encourage RLCC employees to be active artists in order to take advantage of the studio and facilities provided. The anticipated start-date for this position will be August 2021.
Compensation will be determined based on the candidates experience and qualifications. The selected candidate will have access to RLCC studio facilities and a private studio as well as materials at a discounted rate and may receive paid leave for professional development opportunities. Please note, this position does not include health or retirement benefits.
Send cover letter, CV, names and contact information for three references, artist statement, and 10 images of current artwork to David Hiltner via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: May 21st, 2021
Call For Entries: Juried National VI
Click here to apply online at SlideRoom
Application Deadline: end of day May 1st of 2021.
Red Lodge Clay Center’s Juried National is a biennial exhibition which extends our mission by showcasing current relevant and diverse practices in the field of ceramics and provides a spotlight on the breadth of work currently being made that utilizes clay as a featured material. It is our hope that the Juried National VI will bridge emergent and established makers, and will include the best utilitarian, sculptural, traditional and/or experimental work being created today.
- Submission Deadline: May 1, 2021
- Notification date: no later than June 15, 2021
- Work arrives to Red Lodge: July 19 – Aug. 6, 2021
- Exhibition dates: September 3-26, 2021
- Gallery Closing Reception: Friday, September 24, 2021, 5-7pm MT (in conjunction with our free fall workshop with Lorna Meaden and Brad Schwieger)
- Exhibition ONLINE: September 6, 2021 by 10am MT
- ELIGIBILITY Open to all US ceramic artists, 18 years and older.
- All Artwork submissions must be under 18 inches in any direction and less than 50 pounds.
- Artwork must be created with at least 50% clay.
- Work must have been created within the last two years.
- Work must be for sale
- NOTE: ONLY THREE WORKS PER ENTRANT MAY BE SUBMITTED (ONE IMAGE WITH ONE DETAIL ALLOWED PER PIECE).
- Juror’s Choice Award: $1000
- Director’s Choice Award: $500
- Gallery Curator’s Choice Award: $300
2021 Juror: Lorna Meaden
Lorna Meaden is currently a studio artist in Colorado, and she has been awarded residencies at the Anderson Ranch Arts Center, and the Archie Bray Foundation. She received her MFA from Ohio University and her BA from Fort Lewis College.
Click here to apply online at SlideRoom
Questions? contact Jill Oberman, Curator & Exhibitions Coordinator at email@example.com, or at (406) 446-3993
If you are interested in having your work reviewed for representation at the RLCC Gallery, please send the following materials in an email to; firstname.lastname@example.org
– 10 images of current work* (72 dpi, no less than 5×7 in.)*please include captions for images describing your materials, process, and pricing.
– Artist Statement
– Contact Info (email, phone)
The Red Lodge Clay Center accepts proposals from artists interested in solo and group exhibitions, as well as curatorial projects. Applications are received and reviewed on a rolling basis. If selected, projects and exhibitions are generally scheduled for the following calendar year, or, at the discretion on the RLCC Gallery Coordinator.
To apply, please provide the following materials and email to; email@example.com
– Exhibition Prospectus (include all proposed participants and dates for exhibition)
– 10 sample Images of work. (72 dpi, no less than 5×7 in.) *please include captions for images describing your materials and process.