Currently, there are no employment openings at RLCC
Call For Entries
Juried National VI – Applications Closed
Red Lodge Clay Center’s biennial Juried National VI extends our mission by showcasing current relevant and diverse practices in the field of ceramics. This exhibition provides a spotlight on the breadth of work currently being made that utilizes clay as a featured material. It is our hope that the Juried National will bridge emergent and established makers, and will include some of the best utilitarian, sculptural, traditional and/or experimental work being created today.
Juror: Lorna Meaden
Lorna Meaden is currently a studio artist in Colorado, and she has been awarded residencies at the Anderson Ranch Arts Center, and the Archie Bray Foundation. She received her MFA from Ohio University and her BA from Fort Lewis College.
- Submission Dates: February 1 – May 1, 2021
- Notification date: no later than June 15, 2021
- Work Arrives to Red Lodge: July 19 – Aug. 6, 2021
- Exhibition Dates: September 3-26, 2021
- Gallery Closing Reception: Friday, September 24, 2021, 5-7 PM (in conjunction with the fall workshop with Lorna Meaden and Brad Schwieger)
- Exhibition ONLINE September 6, 2021, by 10 AM Mountain Time
- ELIGIBILITY Open to all ceramic artists living and working in the United States, 18 years and older.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- All Artwork submissions must be under 18 inches in any direction and less than 50 pounds.
- Artwork must be created with at least 50% clay.
- Work must have been created within the last two years.
- Work must be for sale
- NOTE: ONLY THREE WORKS PER ENTRANT MAY BE SUBMITTED (ONE IMAGE WITH ONE DETAIL ALLOWED PER PIECE for no more than 6 images total).
Merit Awards (to be awarded at the exhibition Closing Reception, September 24, 2021)
- Juror’s Choice Award: $1000
- Director’s Choice Award: $500
- Gallery Curator’s Choice Award: $300
Questions? contact Jill Oberman, Curator & Exhibitions Coordinator at email@example.com, or at (406) 446-3993
If you are interested in having your work reviewed for representation at the RLCC Gallery, please send the following materials in an email to; firstname.lastname@example.org
– 10 images of current work* (72 dpi, no less than 5×7 in.)*please include captions for images describing your materials, process, and pricing.
– Artist Statement
– Contact Info (email, phone)
The Red Lodge Clay Center accepts proposals from artists interested in solo and group exhibitions, as well as curatorial projects. Applications are received and reviewed on a rolling basis. If selected, projects and exhibitions are generally scheduled for the following calendar year, or, at the discretion on the RLCC Gallery Coordinator.
To apply, please provide the following materials and email to; email@example.com
– Exhibition Prospectus (include all proposed participants and dates for exhibition)
– 10 sample Images of work. (72 dpi, no less than 5×7 in.) *please include captions for images describing your materials and process.