Please click here to view more info regarding RLCC Artist-In-Residence opportunities.
There are currently no vacant positions available at the Clay Center.
Call For Entries – Juried National V
Red Lodge Clay Center’s biennial Juried National V extends our mission by showcasing current relevant and diverse practices in the field of ceramics. This exhibition provides a spotlight on the breadth of work currently being made that utilizes clay as a featured material. It is our hope that the Juried National will bridge emergent and established makers, and will include some of the best utilitarian, sculptural, traditional and/or experimental work being created today.
Juror: Mike Helke
Mike Helke grew up in Minnesota’s St. Croix Valley, where he still resides and maintains a studio. In addition, Helke is an assistant professor of art/ceramics at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls. He received his MFA from the New York State College of Ceramics at Alfred University, NY.
Application info – Click here to apply!
- ELIGIBILITY Open to all US ceramic artists, 18 years and older.
- All ceramic artwork submissions (pottery, sculpture, and/or small installation work) must be under 18 inches in any direction and less than 50 pounds.
- Artwork must be created with at least 50% clay.
- Work must have been created within the last two years.
- Work must be for sale
- Juror’s Choice Award: $1000
- Director’s Choice Award: $500
- Gallery Curator’s Choice Award: $300
- Submission Deadline: May 1, 2019 (submission portal opens February 1, 2019 via SlideRoom)
- Notification date: no later than June 15, 2019
- Work Arrives to Red Lodge: Friday, Aug. 2, 2019
- Exhibition Dates: September 6-29, 2019
- Exhibition online September 9, 2019, by 10 AM Mountain Time
- Gallery Closing Reception: Friday, September 27, 2019, 5-7 PM (in conjunction with our fall workshop with Mike Helke and Suze Lindsay)
If you are interested in having your work reviewed for representation at the RLCC Gallery, please send the following materials in an email to; email@example.com
– 10 images of current work* (72 dpi, no less than 5×7 in.)*please include captions for images describing your materials, process, and pricing.
– Artist Statement
The Red Lodge Clay Center accepts proposals from artists interested in solo and group exhibitions, as well as curatorial projects. Applications are received and reviewed on a rolling basis. If selected, projects and exhibitions are generally scheduled for the following calendar year, or, at the discretion on the RLCC Gallery Coordinator.
To apply, please provide the following materials and email to; firstname.lastname@example.org
– Exhibition Prospectus (include all proposed participants and dates for exhibition)
– 10 sample Images of work. (72 dpi, no less than 5×7 in.) *please include captions for images describing your materials and process.