Gallery Closing Reception: Friday, September 24, 2021 from 5-7 pm MT (if possible)
Exhibition Posted Online: Monday, September 6, 2021 by 10 am MT
Red Lodge Clay Center’s biennial Juried National VI extends our mission by showcasing current relevant and diverse practices in the field of ceramics. This exhibition provides a spotlight on the breadth of work currently being made that utilizes clay as a featured material. It is our hope that the Juried National will bridge emergent and established makers, and will include some of the best utilitarian, sculptural, traditional and/or experimental work being created today.
Juror: Lorna Meaden
Lorna Meaden is currently a studio artist in Colorado, and she has been awarded residencies at the Anderson Ranch Arts Center, and the Archie Bray Foundation. She received her MFA from Ohio University and her BA from Fort Lewis College.
- Submission Dates: February 1 – May 1, 2021
- Notification date: no later than June 15, 2021
- Work Arrives to Red Lodge: Friday, Aug 6, 2021
- Exhibition Dates: September 3-26, 2021
- Gallery Closing Reception: Friday, September 24, 2021, 5-7 PM (in conjunction with the fall workshop)
- Exhibition ONLINE September 6, 2021, by 10 AM Mountain Time
- ELIGIBILITY Open to all US ceramic artists, 18 years and older.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- All Artwork submissions must be under 18 inches in any direction and less than 50 pounds.
- Artwork must be created with at least 50% clay.
- Work must have been created within the last two years.
- Work must be for sale
- NOTE: ONLY THREE WORKS PER ENTRANT MAY BE SUBMITTED (ONE IMAGE WITH ONE DETAIL ALLOWED PER PIECE).
Merit Awards (to be selected at the exhibition Closing Reception, September 24, 2021)
- Juror’s Choice Award: $1000
- Director’s Choice Award: $500
- Gallery Curator’s Choice Award: $300